The construction of new or development of existing SAP system functions is connected with a thorough and systematic testing process. The correct process should be carried out on a specially prepared environment simulating production behavior. These environments are most often a copy of the entire production system – even when tests only require a slice of functionality. An alternative to this way of creating test environments is to use SAP Test Data Migration Server (TDMS) .
SAP TDMS is a tool for efficient data transfer from the production system to development, training and testing systems.
The user is able to transfer all or a limited range of data due to a set period or company code. The TDMS system supports an effective data scrambling and data transfer mechanism using both direct RFC connections and flat files.
The tool has a web interface and dedicated SAP Fiori applications.
Selected supported scenarios:
- ERP Time-Based Reduction – ERP data transfer reduced to a time interval
- ERP Company Code and Time-Based Reduction – ERP data transfer reduced to company code and time interval
- ERP Transfer of Master Data and Customizing – ERP system configuration transfer
- ERP Full Transfer of Client-Specifig Data – full ERP system user transfer
- HCM Transfer of PA Data – HCM data transfer (PA data)
- HCM Transfer of PA & amp; PD Data – HCM data transfer (PA and PD data)
- Data Scrambling – scenario of data darkening during transfer
- Standalone Data Scrambling – scenario for darkening data on a ready-made test environment
- File-Based Transfer – data transfer via flat files.
- Shell Creation – creating a technical copy of the system without transactional data
- Client-Specific Data Deletion – erase data
- TDMS Business Process Library – data transfer due to the selected business process